Kingsford Homestead is rich in history, romance and charm; simply perfect for your wedding celebration. Built in 1856 and lovingly restored to be one of Australia’s finest luxury retreats, Kingsford Homestead is a stunning venue. Offering a complete setting of riverbanks, rolling hills, lily-filled gullies and sweeping lawns, Kingsford Homestead is a place where you will create memories that will last a lifetime.
Kingsford Homestead was purchased in 2009 after it was home to the long-running TV series McLeod’s Daughters. We knew this place was special – its history is part of the region and that was too valuable to lose. We were excited to have the opportunity to renovate the property and didn’t hesitate to carefully restore its features and convert it to the five-star luxury retreat it is today.
Our dedicated wedding planners specialise in weddings and will be with you every step of the way. We work with you to co-create your dream wedding, tailor made to suit your wishes and dreams. We feel passionate about presenting to you, your perfect day.
Our wedding experience showcases the best that Kingsford Homestead, the Barossa Valley and South Australia can offer and we look forward to sharing this momentous occasion with you, your family and closest friends. We know you will fall in love with Kingsford Homestead!
Kingsford Homestead is appointed in a style that is contemporary yet sympathetic with the original ambitions of the homestead. This magnificent property will provide you with a setting that you and your guests will remember forever.
- A selection of Wedding venues – indoor or outdoor for any size, from an intimate gathering to a grand extravaganza.
- All inclusive ‘whole of house’ wedding packages, with exclusive use of entire property and the homestead itself for up to 14 guests (Bridal party, Family and friends) to enjoy the facilities and 5 star service over two nights – three course dinner and fully cooked breakfast each morning and a lunch for the Bridal party the day of the wedding.
- A Kingsford Homestead wedding experience is seamless, stress-free and will touch the soul of all.
- The Homestead is located on sweeping and manicured lawns on the edge of the iconic Barossa Valley, only 45 minutes from Adelaide. Nestled amongst rolling hills, lily-filled gullies and beautiful open fields this unique and romantic property is truly magical.
- Seven luxury suites all with their own elegant ensuite bathrooms, including the Stonemasons Cottage (Honeymoon suite).
- We offer exclusive use of all 225 acres of this exquisite property, providing unique settings and photo opportunities, including our historic shearing shed.
- An ambient stone cellar is ideal for intimate family meals.
- The exterior is a sandstone structure in a classic Georgian style, built with stone transported from Scotland.
- Original features that still remain, include a grand, gothic style cedar staircase, a slate flagged entrance hall and cedar ‘buffet’.
Kingsford Homestead offers you a variety of settings and styles to choose from; lunchtime or midweek wedding, sunset canapés and cocktails, to an evening wedding with a formal sit down dinner, your choices are endless.
We have a reputation for creating decadent menu options infused with locally sourced produce. We pride ourselves on the highest standard of culinary delights masterly crafted by your Executive Chef and exemplary service. A visually captivating menu will be designed to match the style of your day, personal tastes and dietary requirements.
With an exclusive booking of the property, we not only include the venue hire in your wedding package, we’ll also spoil you with a sumptuous cooked breakfast the next morning.
"We just want to say a huge thank you to the team at Kingsford Homestead, for making our wedding day so perfect. From the start, the event planning process was so relaxed and enjoyable. Everything we requested was perfect on the day. The food was just sensational (our guests thought so too!), the venue one of a kind, and the team's organisation, and sense of calm were greatly appreciated, and it made our day very special. We are looking forward to returning for our anniversary! " Ali & Will 2016