Spring really just ‘fits’ with weddings. Traditionally ‘wedding season’ for a reason, it’s a time for new beginnings and fresh starts.
The best flowers are in season, picking a honeymoon destination isn’t a game of weather roulette, and you can wear a sleeveless wedding gown without worrying about goose bumps. It may feel like Winter is an endless slog, but don’t despair, Spring will be here before you know it! If you’re thinking of planning your nuptials in the Spring – the season of rebirth, growth and purity, here’s our top 10 reasons to love getting married in this simply stunning season:
1. Two words – peonies and poppies (well, for us anyway). Every bride has an idea of what flowers they see themselves holding – the flowers really set the scene for the colour palette and theme of the day. The range of blooms available from September – November are the highest in any season, so you have a better chance of choosing exactly what you want for your special day. Here’s a fab floral guide for the types of bouquets you would see at a Spring wedding.
2. Spring can be a volatile season weather wise. Choose a venue that can assist with both indoor and outdoor options so you are not left without a plan B! And really, at the end of the day, if it’s a bit damp outside, no one really minds – there’s always fake tan and a free bar to keep all the guests happy. A venue with both indoor and outdoor options are always a good idea in Spring if you are worried about the weather turning on its head.
3. If the date is earlier Spring, keep in mind ways to keep your guests warm if the ceremony or reception is outdoors. Soft throws, outdoor heaters and a hot chocolate station are a nice way to keep guests warm and happy in the cooler earlier Spring days.
4. In addition to above, usually Spring can be the ideal temperature. Not too hot, nor too cold. Perfect for that outdoor wedding with fairy lights strung across branches … #sigh.
5. Spring is the season for mid-term school holidays so perfect for that wedding guest list of family and friends that are more likely to attend.
6. Spring brings with it an abundance of fresh fruits and vegetables, and provides a fantastic basis for that delicious seasonal wedding menu.
7. Lighting is everything when it comes to photographs on your wedding day! And crazily so, but cloud cover provides much better lighting for stunning shots, than highly sunny, cloudless days. Go figure!
8. If you are creating Wedding Favours - Seed packets are a great idea to include and very apt for Spring time. If the packet is in an envelope, have them customized with you and your groom's favourite flowers, and printed with a photo or instructions for planting. This is a beautiful reminder and keepsake for your guests!
9. There is likely to be more variety and availability in venue options for Spring vs that of Summer or early Autumn. If the hotel or venue is looking to fill vacant dates, they may be more willing to negotiate on price for the budget conscious.
10. Thinking themes, Spring weddings entice a wide range of stunning ideas – think floral headpieces for the bride and bridal party. Rather than the traditional floral arrangements, you could introduce more natural elements to decorate – such as lemongrass, fresh herbs – add creativity, style and a bit of difference to your wedding day that will spark curiosity and conversation among your guests.
Regardless of what time of year your wedding date becomes, each season has benefits and advantages.
The Hills Lodge Hotel, NSW – The Bride's Diary Contributor
Enjoy your special day with one of the most charming and stylish wedding venues in Sydney. This elegant Tudor style building also features extensive landscaped gardens providing the perfect setting for your wedding. The Hills Lodge Hotel is a beautiful wedding venue with a dedicated and professional team who can organise every detail of your wedding from the ceremony to reception and accommodation for as many as 130 guests (larger numbers can be accommodated for cocktail party weddings).