Your beauty routine should begin at least three months before your wedding day.
Careful planning with your beauty specialist, hairdresser and healthcare professional will ensure that you have clear radiant skin, perfect make-up and hair, and optimum health that will ensure that you are glowing on the day.
The Bride's Diary and our online wedding services directory can help you to find the perfect professionals to enable you acheive the perfect result.
We also have many online ARTICLES related to your health, hair and beauty that you may enjoy reading. Our REVIEW section features the latest hair and beauty products.
The following checklist will help to ensure that you look your best on your wedding day. After all, it is your day to shine!
- As soon as possible decide on the length, shape and style of your wedding day hairstyle. This will allow you to have an early trial with your hairdresser to determine whether the style is right for you. Remember to take your headpiece and veil to complete your look.
- Many bride's decide to colour or highlight their hair for their wedding day. However, it is important that you give your hairdresser enough time to create the desired look and to correct any mistakes. We suggest at least 4 months before your wedding day to work with your hairdresser to determine the exact colour/s you desire. Then have the process done at 6 weekly intervals, the last just before the big day. This will ensure you are happy with the look of your hair and have no big unwanted colour suprises.
- It is a good idea to book weekly deep conditioning treatments for your hair. This will give your hair a boost before your wedding day, leaving it healthy and shiny.
- Consult with your hairdresser to schedule your final cut before your wedding day to ensure your hair looks its best.
- Consult a professional well before the event to discuss possible colours. Then schedule a trial session to ensure you and your make-up artist are happy with the result. It is a good idea to purchase the same lipstick and powder used by your make-up artist, allowing you to touch up your make-up perfectly throughout the day.
- It is adviseable to stick to the make-up brands that best suit your skin type. If you have problem areas such as blemishes, scares or under-eye circles, yellow and blue based concealers work best.
- Consult a skincare professional and work out a routine which best suits your skin. It is important to cleanse, tone and moisturise your skin morning and night.
- A facial is always a must before such a special event. You should schedule an appointment at least two weeks before the day, allowing any post-facial breakouts or redness to disappear.
- Make an appointment to have your brows professionally shaped. This will add one of the final touches to your wedding day look.
- It is advisable to schedule a professional cleaning at your dentist at least two weeks before your wedding day.
- Many brides choose to whiten their teeth for the wedding day. Many products are available at your pharmacy, however if your teeth are very stained it is best to consult your dentist.
- Get into the habit of floshing everyday, and brushing twice a day. This will help to acheive a beautiful smile for your wedding day while also acheiving nice healthy teeth.
- Once, to twice, a week you should exfoliate your skin, concentrating on areas such as elbows, knees and feet. Follow up with a deep moisturiser.
- Many brides choose to tan before their wedding day. If you are using a self tanner, remember to experiment well before the event to determine the correct amount required to gain your desired look. If you are attending a professional tanning studio, it is still a good idea to have an application well before the event. If you do not, you risk the look of unnatural colour or even an allergic reaction.
Hands & Feet
- Schedule a weekly manicure and pedicure either at home or at your beauty salon. This will not only allow you to have beautiful hands and feet on your wedding day, but will also help you relax and pamper yourself at this busy time.
- Keep your hands moisturised at all times. It is a good idea to keep a small bottle of moisturiser in your handbag.
- Decide on the nail polish colour for your big day early and remember to check that it suits the style of your overall look. It is a good idea to purchase a bottle of the colour for any chips on the big day and on your honeymoon.
- If you are having acrylic or gel tips applied, make sure they are short enough for you to still use your hands. If it is your first time having them applied, it is a good idea to have them put on at least a week before to get use to the length.
- Go and treat yourself to your favourite fragrance. This should be worn on the pulse points (ears, wrists and knees) and in your hair. Purchase matching body wash and body spray to ensure a long lasting scent.
- Consult your GP to work out if your body's immune system needs any extra boosts such as vitamin supplements and anti-oxidants. This will help your body to look and feel its best for the big day.
- Drink eight to ten glasses of water a day. This will boost your energy, and will leave your skin glowing.
- Exercising is a must. Commit to a routine that best suits the results you want to acheive. The result will be that you look and feel better, your energy levels will improve and your stress levels will drop.
- If you desire to loose weight to fit into your dream gown or to improve your health it is advisable to consult a professional weight loss clinic or your GP.
- Remeber to rest. It is healthy to get eight hours of sleep a day.
Return to the Article Index
Fragrance For The Bride
He will be intimately moved by your unique fragrance.
Hair Care For Your Wedding
Not everyone is born with naturally beautiful, thick, lustrous hair, but there is certainly much that can be done to maximise the potential of the hair you were born with.
Hydrating Your Skin
As we enter into winter, we felt is was vitally important to remind all brides-to-be about the importance of a good winter beauty routine.
Walking for good health is one of the most simplest forms of aerobic exercise that provides excellent benefits.
Your Hands and Feet
One of the most important aspects of pre-wedding beauty care is to ensure that your hands and feet are receiving the same amount of attention as the rest of your body.
Your Health Regime
The old adage is true. Beauty does come from within.